3 Questions to Ask before Buying a Chimney Liner
Why does my chimney need a new liner?
Valid reasons include:
- Your chimney does not contain a liner (typical of older homes / chimneys)
- Your liner is damaged
- The performance of your new stove or furnace will improve with the installation of a new liner
Will BE Prime Chimney give me real proof that my chimney liner is damaged?
Yes. BE Prime Chimney offers video inspections of your chimney, so you can actually see the inside of your chimney, in real-time. We’ll also take photos, and explain everything to you, so it’s easy to understand.
What chimney liner do you recommend, and why?
- Stainless Steel: for wood burning, gas, or oil
- Aluminum: for specific medium-efficiency gas appliances only
- Used to upgrade and repair
Problems Caused by a Damaged Chimney Liner
If your chimney liner is damaged, you may experience the following:
- Spalling Brick (deteriorated brick)
- Wall Fires
How Did My Chimney Liner Get Damaged?
If your chimney has a clay tile liner, it may have been damaged by lightning, house settling, storms, or chimney fire.
In addition, if your home is very old, your chimney may not have a liner. For safety and structural reasons, consider installing a liner in your chimney.